Saturday, October 5, 2013

10.55 Vth Anniversary Party


The only non blurry photo I managed to get of the after party.
To commemorate 10.55's fifth year of existence, FiftyFiveDsl threw a celebratory exhibition of the new limited edition t-shirt designs in Shoreditch.

The FiftyFiveDsl brand began it's journey as an experimental streetwear line for Diesel, getting it's name from the original line being composed of fifty five designs. The current creative director is actually the founder of Diesel's son, Andrea Rosso.

Gavin Watson standing proudly in front of his work.

Rosso himself was at both the exhibition and the after party. As was photographer, Gavin Watson, who created the image for my favourite design in the new collection of the boy in Mickey Mouse ears throwing the v-sign. I didn't get a chance to speak to Rosso but Watson was very friendly and told me he liked my boots and that they were apparently "the first thing he noticed as he entered the room".

Nic Tasker doing what he does best.

At the exhibition itself, there were framed t-shirts from the new collection on the walls but I was mostly distracted by the projector that screened designs onto blank a blank t-shirt, possibly because the picture changed every few seconds and I'm easily amused.

Crystal Head vodka was free of charge at the after party and I definitely felt like my head had turned into a crystal ready to shatter the next morning.

Grown-up versions of children's party bags; a tote bag filled with free stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment