Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Liebster Award

Carrying on a chain-quiz reminds me of ye olde days of MySpace so obviously I'm not going to say no to the Liebster Award tag. It's designed to find new blogs to read and for people to promote the newer or lesser known blogs that they are interested in. Thank you so much to Emily of Fantasma Velvet for tagging me!

There are different rules and variations but I'm going to stick with the way the people before me have done it. I'll be responding the the quiz Emily set, will propose my own questions and then select eight blogs to carry on the game.

1. First thing's first: list three random facts about you.

I'm allergic to wasp stings, drink four to eight cups of jasmine green tea a day and currently work part-time at Urban Outfitters. 

2. When did you start blogging and why?

I've had blogs for as long as I can remember because I lived in the middle of nowhere and wanted to reach out to people with similar interests. Chronic Sans was born from finishing a social media internship at a screen printing company where part of my role was to write fashion-based blogposts 

3. What's your favourite thing about blogging?

My favourite thing about blogging is that I have a place to store all my outfit ideas as a sort of styling scrapbook whilst getting feedback from others. 

4. What's your least favourite thing about blogging?

I always want to post my own outfits but it's difficult to find people who are free to take photos of me. It's also difficult trying to get fun complete outfits together if I'm working with press loans, eg. if I'm borrowing an item from one company and something else from another and one arrives after I've already had to sent the other item back it can be quite annoying. I'm always thankful for people willing to loan me things though!

5. What are your favourite type of posts to read?

I love seeing bloggers post their self-styled outfits featuring either brands I already love or brands I haven't heard of yet. It's good to follow people who have similar tastes in trends.

6. List five of your favourite blogs.
Those were just the first five that came to mind - love all their visual styles.


7. What's your favourite beauty brand and why?

Urban Decay were always my favourite but after hearing that they test on animals I'm slowly trying to switch over to Illamasqua. I'd love to get my hands on some Limecrime lipsticks - hopefully soon they'll be big enough to be sold in UK stores. 

8. What's your favourite clothing shop/web store and why?

Dolls Kill sells amazing clothes but I hate having to pay for international postage. Maybe ASOS actually because they have some really cool brands such as Freak of Nature and Evil Twin in stock and you can get things delivered for literally the next day.

9. List three of your favourite movies.

Jurassic Park, Blade Runner and Jawbreaker. 

10. List three of your favourite bands/singers.

My music taste varies a lot depending on what mood I'm in. Recently I'm listening to a lot of Danny Brown, Angel Haze and ASAP Ferg

11. List three celebrities (dead or alive) that you wish you could have dinner with.

Pete Burns, Grayson Perry and Willam Belli. 

And I nominate:
  1. Opaline Queen
  2. Linabugz
  3. Fashion Scholar
  4. Ceedling
  5. Velvet Daisy
  6. Candy Coated Fashion
  7. Heychubble
  8. Nashbag
The questions to answer:
  1. What's the meaning behind your blog name?
  2. What's your current favourite style or beauty trend?
  3. Do you prefer shopping online or physically on the high street?
  4. Which fictional character are you most similar to style-wise? 
  5. How did you get into blogging?
  6. If you could meet any blogger - who would it be?
  7. What was the first pair of shoes you ever bought?
  8. If you could bring back something to wear from your childhood - what would it be?
  9. What's your favourite magazine?
  10. How would you react if the internet was to disappear forever?
  11. If you were invited to a fancy dress party with no specific theme, what would you like to go as?


No comments:

Post a Comment